Top Rated Med Spa in San Jose, CA
Welcome to ShotDocMD in San Jose, CA! We Specialize in a Wide Variety of Med Spa Services Such as Botox®, Dermal Fillers, Vampire Facial®, PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation® & Much More. Please Call Us Today at (408) 840-4561 or Request an Appointment Online. Our Med Spa Is Located at 2242 Camden Ave. Unit 105 San Jose, CA 95124. We are the Best Med Spa in San Jose, CA That You’ve Been Looking For.
We are Conveniently Located in South San Jose, But Treat Patients From All Neighboring Cities Such as Los Gatos, Milpitas, Saratoga, Sunnyvale, Campbell, Willow Glen, Cambrian Park, West San Jose & More!
ShotDocMD, the newest medspa in San Jose, offers the latest in cutting-edge anti-aging treatments all offered out of a syringe. From hyaluronic acid to platelet rich plasma (PRP), the result is immediate with very little down-time.
Dr. Grace Kim, M.D. has been working in the medspa industry for almost 14 years and in that time has performed thousands of cosmetic injection treatments. Keeping abreast of new technologies and techniques, Dr. Kim continues to refine her skills as a master injector. These are some of the comments her patients have to say:
“Dr. Kim is the best doctor ever! She is a perfectionist in her skills and abilities and really knowledgeable.”
“Doctor’s honed in on her technique, gentle and better than any of the other half dozen doctors I’ve had do this in the county!”
“Dedication to insuring that you receive the very best results.”
“Courtesy, professionalism, attention to detail, follow-up and an artistic eye for the fine details are all benefits of Dr. Grace’s skill.”
“So happy with my results. Dr. Kim you truly are an artist.”
“Dr. Grace is an artist.”
“Dr. Kim was thorough, intelligent and very pleasant. I would definitely recommend!”
Now is the time to make that investment in you. You deserve to look and feel as great as possible, and achieving that more refreshed appearance comes out of a small syringe! At ShotDocMD, we offer Botox, Dermal fillers, PRP for PRP for Vaginal Rejuvenation, Vampire Facelifts and hair restoration, Kybella for fat dissolution under the chin and more!
The Aging Face and How to Age with Grace
Aging is a natural process and along with wisdom, experience, and accomplishments that come with getting older, our physical appearance changes as well. The aging process is the inevitable and predictable result of living longer and we can embrace the journey with a few tips and treatments to age more gracefully.
There are two distinct aging systems, intrinsic and extrinsic, that affect our aging face. Intrinsic, or natural aging begins in our mid-20’s and continues steadily throughout life. Genetics plays a key role and happily or unhappily we can blame our parents for our older appearance. Extrinsic aging, on the other hand, are those factors that can accelerate our aging faces. These include sun exposure, pollution, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol and lack of skin care.
Signs of aging:
1. Skin color becomes more gray because of less blood flow.
2. Facial shape becomes collapsed and droopy as muscle and collagen decrease and some areas of the face loses fat volume, clumps and shifts downward. Other areas of the face gain fat, particularly the lower half, so we tend to get baggy around the chin and jowly in the neck.
3. Wrinkles appear, which is the result of facial muscles making expression and continually creasing the overlying skin.
4. Skin texture becomes less smooth as dead skin cells do not shed as quickly and the production of new cells slow down.
Choosing how to age gracefully:
1. The basics: Hydrate, avoid the sun and be fanatical about using sunscreen. Get enough rest, exercise and sleep and quit smoking.
2. Skin Care: Wash your face every night before sleep and, during the day, remove all the excess residue from working out or pollution. Exfoliate your skin with a product that is nonirritating and removes debris and dead skin cells. Moisturize, ideally with a moisturizer that has sunscreen, particularly around the eyes where the skin is thinner. Consider topical Vitamin A, retinol or a stronger prescription tretinoin which increases collagen synthesis and helps with discoloration by peeling away the top dead layer of the skin. Consider anti-aging creams with ingredients such as Vitamin C, hydroxy acids and co-enzyme Q.
3. Botulinum toxin injections: Botox, Xeomin and Dysport are all forms of botulinum toxin. These injections are used to partially and temporarily immobilize the muscles that form expression lines of the forehead, between the brows, crows feet, pebbly chin and neck bands.
4. Dermal fillers: After Botox, dermal fillers are the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the United States. Fillers are used to treat lines created by lost collagen and fat. Many different materials are used as dermal filler, the most popular being hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm and Restylane. Like Botox, the effect of the dermal filler wears off after several months.
5. Microneedling, chemical peels, PRP injections, and lasers: These are treatments that are designed to boost collagen production, improve skin texture and soften wrinkles. Maintaining good skin and reversing sun damage requires multiple treatments.
So as you can see, you can both reverse and maintain your face and skin even as you age in years. Remember, your skin did not age overnight. Some of these treatments are almost immediate such as Botox and fillers, while others require healing and a maintenance program. Call and make your appointment to see what treatments are right for you!
About Dr. Grace L. Kim, M.D
Dr. Grace L. Kim, M.D. is the former owner of Rejuvenation Medical Skincare and Laser, Inc., a full service medical spa in San Luis Obispo, which she operated from 2005-2014. During those nine years, she fully dedicated herself to the operations of the medical spa industry, reaching the Platinum level with Allergan (makers of Botox cosmetic) for four consecutive years. She has continued her injection practice in San Luis Obispo, and is thrilled to be opening ShotDocMD, a premier medspa in San Jose specializing in cutting-edge anti-aging treatments.
Dr. Kim has worked in the medical spa business for thirteen years, and has built her reputation as an artist with attention to detail. She works with her patients to achieve a fresh, natural appearance. She understands the desire to look and feel great, regardless of age. Through her own personal journey, she brings compassion, skill and experience to her practice.
Patient Feedback & Reviews
I am long over due posting this review. About a month ago, I had my first micro-needling. I love the way my skin looks and feels, radiant to say the least. Let’s just say, I am already planning a second round with Grace. Grace is lovely, a pleasure to go to. She is a professional who cares for her patients and it shows through her work. Christine is also great, greets with a smile, friendly and very attentive.
I had the best experience ever. The front desk staff Christine was very gracious and polite, friendly and inviting. Grace was awesome, I’ve never had any skin treatment done before, so I was a little nervous on what to expect. Grace made me feel at ease, very comfortable and informed me on the treatment. The results were amazing making my skin look and feel healthy and alive. I would recommend this experience to anyone wanting to improve the look and feel of their skin. I will continue this treatment with Grace.
I had microneedling done twice now with Dr. Kim. I could not be happier with my results! I am an active 51 year old that enjoys the sun and my skin looks fantastic! The microneedling was massaging and I was a bit red that evening. My skin feels tighter and brighter. I will definitely do again. Dr Kim took her time and had great bedside manners. Thank you for a great experience!